Thursday, October 30, 2008

My experiences with SOA-part II: Principles

It has been quite a while since I published a post on my blog. As usual am held up with tasks both on the work and personal front and added to that the festival season had brought in some travel and leisure.

Well, in this entry am supposed to cover the principles of SOA. So, what essentially are the priniples of SOA? The following are the set of widely accepted principles of SOA:
1. Reusability
2. Loosely Coupled
3. Abstract the logic underneath
4. Composability
5. Autonomous
6. Statelessness
7. Discoverability
8. Possess a contract

Keep in mind that it is all about services. These principles are inter-related to each other. In the next part, I'll cover how we started on this project, the role of ESB and something on the unit testing and CI.

2 comments:

Venu said...

Hi Ravi,

Waiting for your part-3 on SOA.

ravisk said...

@Venu -
Hope you are doing good!
Well, I should have written the part -3 quite a while back but got busy too many activities and it just slipped through the cracks. Do let me know if you have any specific questions on SOA.