Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Web Services, Security and SocketException

I use Soap UI for testing my web services and one service exposed to our clients is SPNEGO enabled and whenever I test this service using Soap UI there is an error - java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed. The reason for this error is mostly due to the client side settings, network issues, windows socket binding, server side shared JVM. In my case it got resolved when the Http Settings were changed a little on the Soap UI HttpSettings. I just enabled the Pre-emptive Authentication and I could successfully consume the web service. This service is consumed by applications written in Java (Axis2) and .NET. We have advised out clients to increase the time for Socket timeout and enable pre-emptive authentication to avoid any potential issues in the future.

No comments: